Connect with us

Metro

Wire drops inside well, electrocutes Ogun teenager

Published




A 15-year-old girl lost her life due to electrocution at the Olomore Housing Estate in Abeokuta, Ogun State.

The incident took place around 11:50 pm on Sunday while the girl was attempting to fetch water from a well within the estate.

According to reports, the girl had left to fetch water when there was no power supply in the compound. However, power was restored “The teenager was electrocuted by a naked cable of the pumping machine placed inside the well immediately power was restored,” a source revealed.

MORE READING!  Olubadan designate's fate decided today

Confirming the incident, Ogun State Police Public Relations Officer, Omolola Odutola, stated, “She was rushed to the hospital, where the doctor on duty confirmed her death. The investigation has commenced, and the corpse has been deposited at Oke Lantoro morgue.”

 

Advertisement
Comments



Trending