Eyewitnesses at the site Ilerioluwa Aloba, popularly called MohBad was buried in the Ikorodu area of Lagos State have suggested that the rapper was buried alive after his body was exhumed on Thursday for autopsy.
WuzupNigeria reported that the late rapper died mysteriously on September 14th and was hurriedly buried leaving fans and concerned citizens to suspect foul play in the death of the promising rapper who through his music detailed his life struggles.
His corpse was exhumed on Thursday by the police for an autopsy as the special panel set up by the Lagos police begins a full investigation into the ‘peace’ crooner’s death at the age of 27.
— SP Benjamin Hundeyin (@BenHundeyin) September 21, 2023
Meanwhile, moments after resident the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Benjamin Hundeyin confrimed the exhumation of the body, residents who visited the scene after the police left raised suspicion that he could have been buried alive.
“He had blood, he had many injuries,” said an unidentified resident, just as another echoed “Can’t you see that the blood is still fresh? See the blood. It’s still neat.” Another could be heard in the Instagram video saying, “They buried him alive, they killed him. they wasted Imole(MohBad). He was buried alive. This is day nine and the blood is fresh. They buried him alive.” Others could be heard echoing similar utterances.
Another eyewitness in a viral video said, “The grave is not smelling, can you see, that’s his blood. It’s not even smelling He died in the coffin
Although this assertion could not be recorded as an official cause of death, Nigerians have taken to X, formerly called Twitter to strengthen the call for a thorough investigation by the police after teh allegation with ‘Alive’ topping X’s trending chart alongside ‘#JusticeForMohBad’ which has been trending for days since a solidarity protest started in Lagos and other states two days ago.
I implore the Nigerian Police and the Pathologist in charge of Mohbad’s body to conduct a thorough investigation and autopsy. This guy was possibly buried alive because how is fresh blood coming out of a corpse that has been buried for over a week?
— LERRY (@_AsiwajuLerry) September 21, 2023
‘Killed before eventual death’
Details that have surfaced after the death of MohBad, especially viral videos of assaults against the late rapper have raised suggestions that he was killed emotionally before his eventually mysterious death.
The former Marlian Records signee was subjected to torture and harassment by an acclaimed show promoter and entertainer identified as Samson Erinfolami Balogun popularly known as Sam Larry; an associate of MohBad’s former record label boss, Naira Marley.
The infamous duo were said to have directly or indirectly championed a series of attacks leading to emotional and bodily harm on the late rapper prior to his tragic death last week.
Veteran Nigerian music producer, Olamide Ogunode, popularly known as ID Cabasa, also admitted that the rapper was killed emotionally.
“The justice I seek is not for the boy dying. It is more about the things that happened that killed the boy (Mohbad) before he eventually died,” he said, referring to videos online showing MohBad being bullied and maltreated by Naira Marley, Sammy Larry and others.
“I am scared that we are getting so emotional that we are overlooking the real issues before MohBad’s death,” ID Cabasa said during a live video session on Instagram on Monday. “The justice system anywhere in the world does not answer emotions.”
While calling on the Nigerian police to carry out a thorough investigation, he said, “Look at all the harassment videos, look at everything, look at the lies against him. I don’t want to mention names but I have a strong feeling that whatever is going on is deeper than what we are seeing,” ID Cabasa. “I urged the police to look beyond the day of death so that the real culprits can be brought to justice.”
Amid the controversies, the Lagos State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Benjamin Hundeyin c that onfirmed that the police would exhume the body if need be to perform an autopsy after the Force Public Relations Officer, ACP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, assured Nigerians of the Force’s commitment to thorough investigation.
Speaking in an Instagram live session with media personality, Ifedayo Olarinde, popularly known as Daddy Freeze, last Thursday night, SP Hundeyin referencing the Force PRO said, “That’s what we’re going to do. If need be, the body will be exhumed. It’s not too late. The body can be exhumed and an autopsy can be performed.
“The statement also states that people should bring whatever information they have to the commissioner of police in Lagos State. That’s because we don’t want to do hierarchy anymore. Take it to Force CID, and bring it to Lagos Command. It doesn’t matter. We’re going to harmonise it within ourselves and ensure that justice is done.”
MohBad Petitioned Police On Threat To Life
Nigerians were left shocked days after the death of MohBad as a petition on the alleged threat to life by Sam Larry and his cohort surfaced online with many slating the police for alleged negligence and the lack of action.
In the June 27, 2023 petition, Mohbad alleged that Sam Larry and 15 others all armed, stormed the venue of a video shoot where the deceased and another artiste, Omoniyi Temidayo aka Zlatan Ibile, were working; and threatened to wreak havoc and destroyed equipment worth over N5 million at the scene, as he(Mohbad) narrowly escaped after sustaining injuries.
In the said document, the late singer reported a case of alleged threat to life, malicious damage, assault, and oppression, among others, against a music promoter, Samson Balogun, aka Sam Larry and others, in a petition to the Force Criminal Investigation Department Annex, Alagbon, Lagos State.
The petition read, “I of the above name and address, a law-abiding citizen and a Musician bring to your notice the assault and threat to my life by the above-mentioned persons.
“On 25th June, 2023 while having a video shoot with another artist by the name Zlatan (Ibile, the above-mentioned persons numbering about fifteen led by Sam Larry Elegushi invaded the premises with dangerous arms such as guns, cutlasses etc. where I was shooting video and scattered the whole process of the shooting, damaged the equipment I was using for the shooting valued about Five Million Naira and started threatening my life which in the process they became violent and assaulted me which I sustained injuries but narrowly escaped.
“Attached to this petition is the said pictures. Total amount I paid for the shooting they have destroyed is Eight Million Naira (N8,000,000) which is non-refundable.
“However, during the assault, they were boasting that they work for Oba Elegushi and that they have been asked to deal with me for reasons best known to them which till date they are still threatening to kill me if seen. Sir, I call on your good office to save my life from the above-mentioned persons and bring them to book.
“Sir, I call on your good office to save my life from the above-mentioned persons and bring them to book,” the petition partly read. Thank you for your timely intervention.”
Reacting after the petition went viral, the Force PRO vowed that the police would investigate the alleged negligence of the petition.
“We will look into the alleged police negligence on this case,” Adejobi said.
We will look into the alleged police negligence on this case. pic.twitter.com/itF9Iz3BSA
— Prince Olumuyiwa Adejobi (@Princemoye1) September 19, 2023
BEDC announces eight-day blackout in Delta communities
UNICAL increases tuition fee by over 100%
Diesel tanker explodes in Lagos
NAF denies bombing Kaduna village
Ondo lawyer alleges documents forgery by Akeredolu’s aides
Spotify slashes 17% workforce amid economic slowdown
Fire razes Lagos building, one feared dead
Malaria cases rise despite prevention efforts – WHO
Akwa Ibom closes Chinese firm over environmental pollution
Why FG delays electricity tariff hike – Minister
Tweeps react as 22-year-old Hijab sister rejects Alhaji’s proposals
EFCC arraigns 11 varsity students for internet fraud
EFCC arrests man for forging surety documents in Rivers
Mr Ibu is responding to treatment – Ex-manager Chochoo
Oladips: Many Nigerian musicians are depressed, Idowest opens up
Gov kefas reacts as Taraba student kills teacher
VIDEO: Thugs invade Osun APC secretariat
VIDEO: Strayed cow goes berserk inside NYSC orientation camp in Ogun
VIDEO: Are black cats bad luck?
VIDEO: Does COVID-19 only affect rich people?
VIDEO: Will I remain single if someone sweeps over my feet with a broom?
VIDEO: Gani Adams rallies Benin Republic monarchs for Sunday Igboho
FIDIO: Ǹjẹ́ Gbogbo Akitiyan Ìjọba Láti Mú Ẹ̀yìn Olóyè Sunday Ìgbòho Balẹ̀ Yìí Tọ́ Àbí Kò Tọ́?
VIDEO: Pastor Tunde Bakare declares National Movement
Sports18 hours ago
Tottenham snatch dramatic draw against Man City
Sports19 hours ago
10-man PSG secure narrow win against Le Havre
News18 hours ago
UN appoints Babatunde Ahonsi as resident coordinator in Turkey
News18 hours ago
FIRS waives penalties, interest on outstanding tax liabilities
Sports19 hours ago
Liverpool edge Fulham in seven-goal thriller
Sports18 hours ago
10-man Chelsea edge Brighton in five-goal thriller
News5 hours ago
Presidency criticized for ‘bloated’ delegation at Dubai climate summit
Sports19 hours ago
Arsenal to face Liverpool in FA Cup third round