Man, 37, dies from electrocution in Delta - WuzupNigeria
Connect with us

Metro

Man, 37, dies from electrocution in Delta

Published

A 37-year-old man has died from electrocution while watching TV in Sapele, Delta State.

The man identified as William Madu was said to have been trying to change over from generator power to Nepa when the tragic incident occurred.

The incident was said to have happened on Sunday, August 6, at about 1:35 pm along Oleh road in the timber town.

MORE READING!  Overnight fire engulfs largest electronic mall in Lokoja

William who works with a water processing company was watching a sitcom in his house when the power company restored power.

He stood up to change over but was electrocuted in the process.

According to Vanguard, a source told them that they had to switch off power from the building before they could rescue him.

“He left his one-room to switch off the generator set and the next thing we heard was a little boy screaming, we dashed out to find him struggling with the wire and we had to switch off power from the building before we could rescue him.”

The source added that William gave up the ghost before they could get to the hospital. His body has been deposited in a morgue.

MORE READING!  Fire razes shops at plank section of boundary market, Ajegunle

William was the sole breadwinner in his family and was the only male child of his father.

Upon hearing the news of his son’s death, the deceased’s father fainted and had to be revived by neighbours.





Trending