Osun Govt. warns private hospitals against treating, admitting Coronavirus patients

Temitope Adetunji
1 Min Read

The Osun Government has warned private hospitals in the state against admitting or treating suspected or confirmed coronavirus patients.

Mrs. Funke Egbemode, the Stateโ€™s Commissioner for Information and Civic Orientation, made this known in a statement on Thursday, in Osogbo.

She said non-adherence to the directive would attract prosecution by the state government.

Egbemode said that the state government had accredited health facilities with required personnel to treat suspected and confirmed COVID-19 patients in the state, at its isolation and care centers.

โ€œThe state government has reiterated that private hospitals across the state are not allowed to treat COVID-19 patients, whether suspected or confirmed.

โ€œTesting and treatment are free in all government facilities,โ€ she said.

The commissioner noted that attempts to treat COVID-19 patients in private facilities would only open the state to community infections and negate all the sacrifices people of the state had made so far.

 

NAN

TAGGED:
Share This Article