Connect with us


Delta community grieve as varsity undergrad goes missing


DELSU students regain freedom

The disappearance of a 200-level undergraduate of Delta State University, Faith Omodon has thrown community of Iru Egbede in Orhionmwon Local Government Area of Edo into an alleged state of disturbance.

The News Agency of Nigeria reported that Faith, studying Business Administration at the university, was last seen on Saturday after leaving home for the farm.

Faith’s father, Edward Omodon, told reporters on Thursday that the news of his missing daughter reached him while he was at a community gathering.

Omodon said “We usually have Iru National Conference at this time of the year. We were seated inside the community hall when we heard loud wailing outside that my daughter was missing.

MORE READING!  EFCC hands over $22,000 'yahoo yahoo' proceed to FBI

“She had left for the farm earlier that morning with a motorbike, taking her breakfast flask with her,” he said.

Corroborating Omodon’s story, the head of the village vigilance group, Ikpoba Johnbull, said soon after the news of her disappearance broke that evening, they followed the girl’s mother to the farm.

MORE READING!  Group calls for release of kidnapped Anambra priest

“We immediately mobilised and combed the area up to Izighiri and Uwumuwe; two neighbouring villages but could not find any trace of her.

“We only found the leftover of her lunch flask,” he said.

Johnbull said they had to inform neighbouring vigilance groups after spending the night inside the bush without result.

According to the vigilance group leader, the girl’s father was advised to formally report the case of a missing person at the Abudu Police Division.

The National Youth Chairman of the community, Donald Egboko, who said his people were depressed and devastated over the incident, appealed to security agencies to assist in tracking Faith’s whereabouts.

MORE READING!  Streaming giant Spotify sued over unpaid royalties

When contacted, the Divisional Police Officer, Iyayi Kenneth, confirmed that the incident was reported at the station.

According to Kenneth, the case has been transferred to the state police command for further investigation.

The command’s Public Relations Officer, SP Chidi Nwabuzor, however, promised to get back after his findings from the Criminal Investigation Department.