Connect with us


14-year-old girl dies in her sleep after her phone explodes while charging


A 14-year-old schoolgirl has died in her sleep after her charging smartphone exploded on her pillow while she slept.

It was gathered that the girl identified as Alua Asetkyzy Abzalbek went to bed listening to music at her village home in Bastobe, Kazakhstan.

The next morning she was found dead with the phone’s battery having exploded close to her head.

MORE READING!  Steeze aside, what do you really know about Ojude Oba festival

Daily Mail reports that Her device had been plugged into a power socket, police said. She is believed to have suffered severe head injuries and died immediately.

When devastated relatives called paramedics they could only confirm the fact of her death.

Forensic experts later confirmed that the mobile exploded in the early morning after overheating as it charged, according to local reports.

MORE READING!  Police arrest robbers who attacked Gombe corpers lodge

Her death was described as a ‘tragic accident’.

The brand of smartphone was not disclosed.

Alua’s distraught best friend Ayazhan Dolasheva, 15, posted: ‘I still cannot believe it.’

She wrote:

“You were the best. We have been together since childhood. It is so hard for me without you. I miss you so much. You have left me forever.”