Liverpool ace, Mohammed Salah, has hinted at retiring from international football after Egypt failed to qualify for the 2022 Qatar World Cup on Tuesday.
Following last month's Africa Cup of Nations final loss to Senegal, The Pharaohs had the opportunity of revenge in the World Cup qualifier play-off.
After playing 1-1 on aggregate, the game entered penalties in the second leg in Senegal, a repeat of the 2021 AFCON final.
But Salah, who was targeted by lasers from Senegalese fans, missed his penalty, allowing his Liverpool teammate, Sadio Mane, to score the winning spot-kick that fired the African Champions to Qatar.
After the game, Salah was also hit by missiles while being escorted off the pitch, amidst claims he was subject to racist chants, according to UK Sun.
Egypt's manager, Carlos Queiroz, resigned after the African powerhouse failed to qualify for the World Cup and it seems Salah is about to follow suit.
Salah who also lost the 2017 AFCON final with Egypt to Cameroon hinted at retirement in a viral video on social media.
The 29-year-old was said to be in tears while addressing his Egypt teammates in Arabic after their latest loss to Senegal.
According to an Egyptian website Filgoal, he says: "I told the players before the second match that I am proud to play with them and they are among the best I have played with.
“I played for some time with the previous generation, with Wael Gomaa and Mohamed Abu Trika, then Abdullah Al-Saeed and his generation, but I'm happy with the current generation.
“I am proud to play with you and it was an honour for me, and what happened cannot be interfered with by anyone because for the second time it is a penalty shootout (after the Afcon final).
"There is not much I can say but it has been an honour to play with you, whether I will be in the national team after that or not."
Interrupting him, Egyptian Minister of Sports, Ashraf Sobhi, remarked: "You will be there."