Connect with us


Soldier stabs tailor for allegedly disrespecting him in Ibadan 


My colleague stabbed my mother twice, raped her, Nigerian soldier narrates

A soldier attached to the Letmauck Barracks, Audu Abubakar, has allegedly stabbed a local tailor identified as Ali Abubakar in the Sabo area of Ibadan, Oyo State capital, for allegedly disrespecting him.

It was gathered that Ali had visited a friend, Saheed, in the area but did not meet him in his shop on Thursday.

Audu’s colleague was also there waiting for the same man.

When Audu also later came to the shop, he inquired about Saheed’s whereabouts from Ali, who allegedly feigned ignorance.

However, Ali claimed that he did not answer Audu because he thought he was talking to his colleague, who was also inside the shop, PUNCH Metro reports.

Ali’s failure to answer an infuriated Audu led to an altercation between the duo.

MORE READING!  Ondo LG worker slumps, dies in office

Ali said, “I went to the shop to see my childhood friend, but he went to the mosque to pray, so I waited for him. I met a soldier in the shop, sat and started fiddling with my phone.

“A few minutes later, Audu came and asked of Saheed; I thought he was talking to his colleague and I didn’t answer him; it was when I heard him barking: ‘Are you deaf’?’ that I looked up and he slapped me and started abusing me. I told him that if I was the one he was referring to as deaf, then he should not talk to me that way; Audu and his friend then started beating me.

“While they were beating me and tearing my clothes, I tried my best to leave there and went to the palace to report to the elders in the area, who pleaded with me to let the incident pass and change my clothes.

MORE READING!  Gunmen kill nine in Peru gold mine attack

“About an hour after the incident, I went back to collect my phone from the person I gave it to when the soldiers were beating me. My friend had already come back and we were discussing and the next thing I saw was that Audu took a knife and stabbed me in my left hand.

“I escaped from there and he still chased after me with the knife. It was from where I escaped that I was rushed to hospital and I have been there since. I was given two pints of blood in the hospital. I don’t have any sensation on three of my fingers right now.”

MORE READING!  Wheelbarrow pusher kills tax collector, self in Edo

“Some representatives were sent to me in the hospital on Saturday and I told them what happened, but since then, I have not seen or heard from them. They said they were investigating. I want justice to be done because I respected the soldiers and I didn’t touch them and didn’t allow my people to touch them,” he added.

An officer in the Public Relations Department of the 2 Division, Lt Christopher Agu, who confirmed the incident, said investigation was ongoing.

“I just called the admin officer there and he said the matter is under investigation,” he told PUNCH Metro. ,,