Connect with us

Metro

Overnight fire engulfs largest electronic mall in Lokoja

Published

A multi-million naira electronic shop called Pe-links in Lokoja, Kogi State has been completely razed down by fire on Saturday morning.

The incident occurred two days after no fewer than 25 people died in a tanker explosion in Felele, along the Lokoja-Abuja highway.

An eyewitness account disclosed on Saturday that the electronic shop was gutted by fire at about 12 midnight on Saturday as many residents watched helplessly to stop the inferno from destroying the goods inside the shop completely.

The electronic shop is located along Muritala Muhammed way close to GT Bank junction Lokoja.

MORE READING!  Hoodlums loot 110 tractors, others from farmers association warehouses in Yola

It is owned by one business mogul Peter Onujeme,

It was gathered that the shop was burnt to ashes as there was no firefighter or fire truck to quench the fire.

It was further learnt that the office of the Federal Fire Service, is few meters away from the scene of the incident.

“The whole building was burnt down and goods worth of millions were destroyed. What a pity. Somebody hard earned investment was completely destroyed by fire and nobody or even the constituted authorities could come out to salvage the situation. Now the owner is left with nothing. What is the function of the State and Federal Fire Service in Kogi State?

“What is more worrisome is the absence of the fire services to help out anytime there is a fire occurrence. The recent episode is therefore one too many.

“Whenever their services are needed, it is either they come out with one flimsy excuse or the order. Can you imagine, look at the office of the Federal Fire Service, just a stone throw to this electronic shop and this shop still burnt down completely without any resistance from them.

“This situation is an ugly one because we can recall that two days back a tanker exploded in the same Lokoja Kogi state claiming lots of lives and properties and now this one is happening again,” an eyewitness said.

Unconfirmed sources said the fire was caused by a spark that resulted from an electric surge.

MORE READING!  #EndSARS: How hoodlums looted, burnt my house after Benin jailbreak - Resident

More details later…





Trending