As Nigerians continue to mourn and react to the death of the former lawmaker, Hon. Risikat Adegeye, WuzupNigeria presents eight things you ought to know about her.
1. Hon. Risikat Adegeye was the wife of Juju music legend, Chief Sunday Adeniyi Adegeye professionally known as King Sunny Adé.
2. She was a former member of Lagos State House of Assembly representing Amuwo Odofin constituency 1. She served between 2011 and 2015.
3. Adegeye was a former Chairmanship Aspirant under the platform of APC, in Amuwo Odofin Local Government Area.
4. The revered matriarch also served at Lagos State House of Assembly Service Commission .
5. She died in the early hours of Tuesday, 21st September 2021 after a brief illness.
6. Her death came a day before the 75th birthday of King Sunny Ade scheduled for Wednesday.
7. She is survived by husband and six children.
8. Her remains were deposited at TOS funeral homes ahead of preparation for her burial.