The National Emergency Management Agency has identified the cause of the Christmas Eve gas explosion that rocked a part of Lagos State in the early hours of Friday.
WuzupNigeria reported that the incident which occurred around 1 am threw residents of the Idimu/Igando axis of Alimosho Local Government Area of the state in panic.
However, in a situation report released by the agency, the explosion was caused by the collapse of high tension poles that came in from Ikorodu across Ikeja and other areas.
“Residents of Igando, Idimu Axis are strongly advised to observe serious safety precautions due to the collapse of high tension poles that emanated from Eghin Hydropower station.
”The line came in from Ikorodu across Ikeja and other areas. Fire service has been mobilised to provide eagle in case of fire outbreak. Power Service agencies especially Ikeja Electric Distribution Company and others are trying to isolate the 330 Line for safety reasons," the situation report read.