Wednesday, Aug 19, 2026
  • Advertise With Us
WuzupNigeria
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Economy
  • Health
  • News
  • Lifestyle
  • Videos
Just In
Nick Kyrgios suspended after positive cocaine test in Spain
Christantus Uche begins recovery after successful knee surgery
LASEPA shuts worship centres over noise violations
Canada invites 1,000 workers to apply for permanent residence
NDC plans strategic 2027 campaign, condemns billboard fee hike
Security tightens as military retirees protest, demand pension review
Christ Embassy enters auto space, unveils electric cars
Monaco, Paul Pogba part ways after injury-hit comeback
Cleric offers herbal remedy for ailing Nollywood actor Ogogo
WWE’s Charlotte Flair reacts to rumors of Ric Flair marrying sixth wife
WuzupNigeriaWuzupNigeria
Font ResizerAa
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Economy
  • Health
  • News
  • Lifestyle
  • Videos
Search
  • Home
  • Entertainment
  • Featured
  • Metro
  • Sports
  • Economy
  • Health
  • News
  • Lifestyle
  • Videos

Search

Upgrade to FOXIZ today and take advantage of these fantastic updates!
Learn More

Latest Stories

Australian tennis star Nick Kyrgios provisionally suspended after testing positive for cocaine
Nick Kyrgios suspended after positive cocaine test in Spain
Super Eagles midfielder Christantus Uche in action for Getafe before suffering a serious knee injury
Christantus Uche begins recovery after successful knee surgery
LASEPA officials seal establishments in Lagos over noise and environmental violations
LASEPA shuts worship centres over noise violations
Canadian flag representing the latest Express Entry permanent residence invitation round
Canada invites 1,000 workers to apply for permanent residence
NDC plans strategic 2027 campaign, condemns billboard fee hike

Socials

Follow US
© WuzupNigeria. All Rights Reserved.
Home » General » N-Power to absorb 400,000 applicants for third batch
General

N-Power to absorb 400,000 applicants for third batch

Last updated: June 26, 2020 3:46 pm
Irobosa Osazuwa
By Irobosa Osazuwa
6 years ago
Share
2 Min Read
SHARE

The Federal Government has said 400,000 applicants will be absorbed into the third batch of its N-Power National Social Investment Scheme (NSIP).

Last week, the Federal Ministry of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development announced that it would begin the enrolment of the third batch of N-Power beneficiaries today.

The ministry explained that the enrolment will provide opportunities for more Nigerian youths to access the programme, in furtherance of President Muhammadu Buhari’s vision of lifting 100 million Nigerians out of poverty.

The ministry also stated that the current enrollees of the scheme (Batch A) will exit on June 30, 2020 while (Batch B) will exit the programme on July 31, 2020.

The scheme gave further details on Monday on the upcoming enrolment via its official twitter handle: @npower_ng.

READ ALSO: Here’s why FG might impose another lockdown

The tweet reads:

“This week, the N-Power portal will re-open for registration; 400,000 beneficiaries will be taken from the application pool.

“Here are some tips to get ready: get your BVN ready, ensure you are not an existing employee in any organisation, and application is online.”

Reacting to the tweet, some of the current beneficiaries queried the non-payment of their March, April and May allowances.

Responding, the scheme assured that those owed will be paid before they exit the programme.

Also, the Minister of Humanitarian Affairs, Disaster Management and Social Development, Hajiya Sadiya Farouk, on Monday said about 12,000 N-Power beneficiaries are yet to be paid their three months’ stipends. The minister said the delay was due to administrative issues, which were being resolved.

Speaking on Monday in Abuja at the briefing by the Presidential Task Force on COVID-19, Farouk said:

“As far as the ministry is concerned, we have paid N-Power beneficiaries that have been verified and recommended for payment. We have 500,000 N-Power volunteers.

“On those claiming that they have not been paid, we are looking into these issues with the Office of the Account General of the Federation.”

TAGGED:federal governmentN-PowerNational Social Investment Scheme (NSIP)
Share This Article
Flipboard Copy Link

RELATED NEWS

Peter Obi during visit to Benue community attacked by gunmen. CREDIT: X | Peter Obi

Photo: Obi visits Benue victims, urges FG to tackle insecurity

By Maha Christopher
4 days ago
Federal Government reopens N1.1 trillion FGN bonds for August auction

FG reopens N1.1trn bonds for August auction

By Maha Christopher
6 days ago
Agriculture Minister Abubakar Kyari unveils Nigeria’s agricultural mechanisation policy and tractor assembly plant plan

FG unveils agric mechanisation policy, plans tractor plant

By Maha Christopher
7 days ago
Education Minister Tunji Alausa inaugurating the NBTE governing board in Abuja

FG inaugurates NBTE board after five-year absence

By Maha Christopher
2 weeks ago
WuzupNigeria

Made by ThemeRuby using the Foxiz theme. Powered by WordPress

  • Home
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • General
  • Advertisement
  • Exclusive
  • Sponsored
  • Student’s Life
  • Trending
WuzupNigeriaWuzupNigeria
  • Crime
  • Trending
  • Exclusive
  • Specials
  • health
  • Entertainment
  • Metro
  • videos
Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?