Deputy Inspector General of Police, Usman Alkali Baba, was on Tuesday announced as the acting Inspector-General of Police by the President, Major General Muhammadu Buhari (retd.).
Until his new appointment, the Yobe born Police chief has held several strategic positions in the past.
Here are few things to know about the acting IGP:
1. Usman Alkali was born on 1st March 1963.
2. He hails from Geidam in Yobe State and has had meritorious years in the force.
3. He has also served in various capacities such as DIG Force CID and was also the Force Secretary at the Force Headquarters, Abuja.
4. He has served in various commands including Kaduna as the Deputy Commissioner, Administration.
5. Usman was in FCT as the Deputy Commissioner, Investigation.
6. He was also in the staff college as a directing staff.
7. The police boss was in Ilorin as an Area Commander. He was the second-in-command in Ebonyi, He was also an Assistant Commissioner, CID in Kaduna and before then was DPO (Divisional Police Officer) in various places like Yola, Gombe, Kaduna, and Jos.
8. He holds a Masters in Public Administration (MPA) Degree from the University of Maiduguri, Borno State 1997 and a BA (Ed) Political Science from Bayero University, Kano State as well as Professional Courses/Workshop Institution.
9. Alkali was a member of Course 22/2014 2014, National Defence College (NDC)
10. He is a member of the International Association of Police and also a fellow of the International War College.
Doctors in Kano halt strike for four weeks
Waje, Kemi Adetiba, others celebrate Omawumi at 39
Rumour I slept with Davido’s babymama, Chioma, is crazy – Peruzzi
JUST IN: Pastor Adeboye visits El-Rufai five days after release of abducted RCCG members
Israel to reopen schools, return to normal classroom sizes
Reps, COAS clash over arms procurement
Alessandra Galloni makes history as Reuters’ first female editor-in-chief
Ugwuanyi receives report on Oruku crisis
JUST IN: Dornier Airplane Skids Off Runway At Lagos Airport
Twitter users blast Burna Boy for allegedly receiving Gov Wike’s N10m
Nigerian Idol: You can either love or hate me’, Seyi Shay claps back at critics
Investigate frequent ‘blood sucking’ accidents on Otedola bridge, Nigerians task FG
Emefiele unlocks new level of wickedness, Nigerians react to USSD charges
Vatican dashes gay Catholics hope, says Church cannot bless same-sex marriages
Nigerian Idol:Twitter users drag Seyi Shay over harsh criticism of teenage contestant
#JusticeForItunu: NIDCOM reacts as Nigerians demand justice for compatriot wrongfully jailed in Côte d’Ivoire
VIDEO: If South-West PDP gets it right, the future will be bright – Governor Seyi Makinde
VIDEO: How I survived selling water on one leg in traffic – Lagos based amputee hawker
VIDEO: I’ve forgiven comedienne Ada Jesus for lying against me- Rita Edochie
VIDEO: You should be scared of me, Crossdresser James Brown threatens ‘queen’s mother’ Bobrisky
VIDEO: How Lagos area boy, Aliu, became a modelling sensation
VIDEO: We were flogged but no one was raped – Kaduna college student
VIDEO: Rivers monarch speaks from captivity, lists abductors’ demand
VIDEO: Eight-month pregnant Aminat Idrees wins Lagos’ first gold medal at Edo 2020
Breaking19 hours ago
JUST IN: FAAN raises alarm over planned attacks on airports
General23 hours ago
China intercepts human penis cargo labelled as plantains from Nigeria
General21 hours ago
Twitter establishes first African office in Ghana
General23 hours ago
Third Class OAU graduate tops class in Canada
Crime7 hours ago
Driver loses two teeth to LASTMA, police brutality in Ikeja
General19 hours ago
Adamu Garba, Tolu Ogunlesi, others react to Twitter’s choice of Ghana as African headquarters
Entertainment21 hours ago
Naira Marley leading this generation to doom – Apostle Omashola
Entertainment23 hours ago
My mother prayed about my anger issues for 15 years ― Keppy Ekpenyong