Connect with us

News

Why we increased tuition fee – Tasued VC

Published




Tai Solarin University of Education Vice-Chancellor Prof. Oluwole Banjo has attributed the recent tuition fee increase to the removal of fuel subsidy by the Nigerian government. The VC made this disclosure during a press briefing held ahead of the university’s combined 13th, 14th, and 15th convocation ceremonies scheduled for next Tuesday.

Prof. Banjo highlighted the exceptional nature of the combined convocations, noting that a total of 5,153 students will be graduating, including 18 first-class honors recipients. He also announced that Dr. Tunde Lemo, former Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria and ex-President of the TASUED Trust Foundation, will be conferred with an Honorary Doctorate Degree in Economics.

MORE READING!  O.J. Simpson, protagonist in sensational murder trial, dies at 76

Addressing the tuition fee hike, the VC explained that after careful consideration and a series of meetings, the university management reviewed the fees.

For returning students, the revised fees are N148,500 for education courses and N158,500 for science courses. Fresh students will pay N170,000 for education courses and N180,000 for science courses.

I also wish to address the recent adjustment in the school fees regime. Recognizing the changing economic landscape brought about by the removal of the Fuel subsidy and its attendant effect, the university has however introduced a two-installment payment plan to alleviate the financial burden on students.

“The institution’s work-study program provides an opportunity for students to work on campus while maintaining their studies,” he said.

MORE READING!  World's oldest conjoined twins, Lori, George, pass away at 62

In an effort to ease the financial burden on students, TASUED has introduced a two-installment payment plan. Under this arrangement, students will pay 60% of their fees during the first semester and the remaining 40% during the second semester.

The university also provides a work-study program that allows students to work on campus while pursuing their studies.

MORE READING!  Kwara gov receives 12,058 bags of grains from FG

Prof. Banjo reaffirmed the university’s commitment to enhancing security for both staff and students. He mentioned meetings with the Inspector-General of Police and the state Commissioner of Police to ensure the safety of everyone on campus.

The combined convocations will also feature the launch of significant infrastructure projects, including the Crystal Building, an ICT-based research and teaching facility, and the Alumni Building, a 2,000-seater capacity lecture theater donated to the university.

Advertisement
Comments



Trending