The investigation into the murder of Nigerian Bolt driver Isaac Satlat is intensifying, with three suspects set to appear before the Pretoria Magistrate’s Court on Monday, following the South African Police Service’s confirmation of two additional arrests.
Reports indicated that the 22-year-old driver was allegedly attacked after accepting a ride request in Pretoria West on Wednesday, 11 February 2026.
His hijacked vehicle and body were later discovered abandoned in Atteridgeville on the same day.
A 25-year-old woman was first arrested on Friday, 13 February 2026, in connection with the killing.
On Monday, Gauteng police confirmed that two more male suspects, aged 30 and 26, had been apprehended and will appear in court alongside the woman.
Gauteng provincial police spokesperson Colonel Mavela Masondo said investigations are ongoing and that authorities are still searching for another suspect.
“The police have arrested two more suspects after an e-hailing driver was allegedly killed on Wednesday, 11 February 2026. The two male suspects, who are aged 30 and 26, will join the third suspect, aged 25, who was arrested on Friday, 13 February 2026,” Masondo said.
“All suspects are expected to appear before the Pretoria Magistrate’s Court on Monday, 16 February 2026, facing charges that include car hijacking and murder.”
Masondo added that police remain on the lookout for a fourth suspect believed to be linked to the crime.
The killing sparked widespread outrage after a disturbing video related to the incident circulated on social media. Authorities previously warned the public against sharing the footage, noting it could hinder investigations and retraumatise the victim’s family.
Meanwhile, Satlat’s family has publicly dismissed claims that the murder was a hate crime targeting Nigerians in South Africa, stating he was a victim of criminal activity and urging the public not to frame the tragedy as a South Africans-versus-Nigerians issue.

