Connect with us


Super TV CEO: Alleged killer changed surname from Echefu to Ojukwu after disowning family – Sister


Chidinma Ojukwu, Usifo Ataga

A family member of Chidinma Ojukwu, alleged killer of SuperTV CEO, Usifo Ataga, has shed more light on the upbringing of the 300 level Mass Communication student of the University of Lagos.

WuzupNigeria reported that Chidinma confessed to stabbing Ataga to death while they were in a Service apartment in the Lekki area of Lagos State.

However, in a new twist to the narrative, a family source has debunked the claim that Chidinma is from a broken home as she narrated in an earlier interview.

MORE READING!  JUST IN: After 20 days in captivity, bandits release 28 abducted Baptist students in Kaduna

According to Vanguard, Chidinma’s sibling, who simply identified herself as Chioma, reported that the suspect disowned her family due to some misunderstanding she had with her widowed mother many years ago.

Chioma was said to have told detectives at the State Criminal Investigation Department that they lost their father when Chidinma was barely two years old.

She stated that trouble began after their mum remarried but allowed her children to continue staying with her.

MORE READING!  Ataga Usifo: Slain Super TV CEO to buried in Ikoyi on Friday

It wasn’t too long before the woman noticed some changes in the lifestyle of young Chidinma, an act that provoked her mother to chastise her repeatedly.

At a point, the young girl was caught smoking when she was barely 11 years.

The sister explained that the misunderstanding between her mum and continued until the then-teenage Chidinma decided to pitch tent with an uncle in Mushin.

Her first step after the fallout with her mom was to change her original name from Chidinma Blessing Echefu to Chidinma Adaora Ojukwu.

MORE READING!  PHOTOS: Ogun residents shun LG polls, resume commercial activities

Again, she was reportedly thrown out over her smoking attitude.

The source explained that the blossoming teenager became rebellious and stayed away from her family.

It was at this point that she met her current guardian, Mr Onoh Ojukwu, who took her into his Alagomeji abode in Yaba, from where she was arrested for the murder of Ataga last Wednesday.