Man Utd's Mason Greenwood released on bail but remains banned from club

"As previously communicated, Mason Greenwood will not train with, or play for, the club until further notice," United reiterated on Wednesday.
Man Utd's Mason Greenwood released on bail but remains banned from club

Manchester United forward, Mason Greenwood, has been released on bail after spending three nights in detention.

WuzupNigeria reported that the 20-year-old was arrested on Sunday over allegations of assault and are of his girlfriend, Harriet Robson, 18.

Greenwood who earns £75,000 per week was further arrested on suspicion of sexual assault and threats to kill on Tuesday night.

Greater Manchester Police confirmed Three Lions star has now been bailed, according to UK Sun.

Although reports revealed that he will still receive his wages while on suspension Manchester United have maintained that he would not return to training or play until further notice.

A spokesman for the club said: "Manchester United reiterates its strong condemnation of violence of any kind.

"As previously communicated, Mason Greenwood will not train with, or play for, the club until further notice."

Meanwhile, his sponsor Nike have said they were "deeply concerned" and have suspended his deal.

All merchandise bearing the No11's name has also been dropped from the official Utd site in the wake of the allegations and teammates have unfollowed him on Instagram.

The youngster has also been axed from FIFA 22 following an update on Tuesday as fans stormed the club to return jerseys bearing his name.

Related Stories

No stories found.
WuzupNigeria
wuzupnigeria.ng