The small Pacific island nations of Tonga, Samoa, Kiribati/Christmas Island and New Zealand have become the first countries in the world to mark New Year - 2022.
UK Metro reports that the small Pacific island nations of Tonga, Samoa, Kiribati/Christmas Island rang into 2022 at 10am GMT (11am Nigerian time).
The Pacific Islands sparked off a day’s worth of celebrations around the globe.
Oceanian country, New Zealand become the second country to ring into 2020 with fireworks around 10:15am GMT (11:15 CAT).
Auckland - a major city in the north of New Zealand’s North Island celebrated the new year with a fill light show at midnight at the Auckland Harbour Bridge, Sky Tower and Auckland War Memorial Museum.
See New Year 2022 celebration timing in different countries per IndiaTimes:
1. New Zealand: 10:15 am GMT |
2. Australia: 1 pm GMT |
3. Japan, South Korea and North Korea: 3 pm GMT
4. China, Philippines and Singapore: 4 pm GMT
5. Bangladesh: 6 pm GMT
6. Nepal: 6:15 pm GMT
7. India and Sri Lanka: 6:30 pm GMT
8. Pakistan: 7 pm GMT
9. Germany, France, Italy, Belgium and Spain: 11 pm GMT
10. UK, Ireland, Iceland, Portugal: 12 am GMT
11. Brazil (some regions): 2 am GMT
12. Argentina, Brazil (some regions), Chile and Paraguay: 3 am GMT
13. New York, Washington, Detroit: 5 am GMT