Anthony Joshua has accepted to fight reigning WBC Heavyweight and Lineal world champion, Tyson Fury, in December 2022.
The British boxer said this in response to a public challenge by Fury on Monday for a ‘Battle of Britain’.
WuzupNigeria reported that the Gypsy King who is mandated to defend his WBC Heavyweight belt this year has decided to offer the opportunity to Anthony Joshua.
Although Joshua lost his title rematch last month in Saudi Arabia to Ukraine’s WBA, WBO, IBF, and IBO champion Oleksandr Usyk, the 32-year-old is eager to return to the ring before the end of the year to challenge Fury.
“Anthony Joshua, I know you’ve just lost a fight to Usyk and you’re bout-less at the moment, and I’d like to give you an opportunity to fight me for the WBC heavyweight championship of the world and the lineal championship in the next few months,” Fury had said.
Joshua responded that he would be ready to fight if Fury stuck to his word.
“I don’t do online discussions just for clout.
“So if you’re really about it, shout @258mgt (Joshua’s management company). I’ll be ready in December,” Joshua wrote on his Twitter handle.
However, as of the time of this report, there is no official confirmation to suggest that the much-anticipated fight between both British fighters has been fixed.