Connect with us

Metro

Ogun man electrocuted while fixing neighbour’s faulty appliance

Published




A middle-aged electrician was electrocuted on Tuesday while helping his neighbor fix an electrical fault in Abeokuta, Ogun State capital.

The incident happened at Unity Estate, Aregbe area of Obantoko, Odeda local government area.

The electrician, who has not been named, was reportedly climbing an electrical pole when power was restored without warning. He was electrocuted and fell to the ground.

MORE READING!  Legalize abortion for rape, incest, women groups urge Lagos govt

Residents of the area fled in panic, but the electrician’s neighbor, Mr Elijah, rushed to the Aregbe Police Station to report the incident.

According to The PUNCH, the police spokesperson in Ogun State, SP Omolola Odutola, confirmed the incident and said she would soon issue a statement.

A source in the community said that the electrician had been helping residents with electrical repairs for some time, especially when the Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company personnels are not around.

MORE READING!  Lagos police arraign woman to Kirikiri prison for assaulting cop

He was an electrician who was engaged to help with repairs of electrical fault in Mr Elijah’s house. He has been the one assisting in fixing faults when IBEDC men were not around.

“There was no electricity before he started the connection. But while he was on it, power was restored. He was electrocuted. Those around initially fled, but later Mr Elijah went to Aregbe Police Station to report, before the Community Development Association members joined him,” the source said

MORE READING!  Women group demand proper cleanup of Niger Delta region
Advertisement
Comments



Trending