'The Flash' actor Williams died of drug overdose - Coroner report
Logan (last) starred as a young 'Barry Allen' in The FlashInstagram

'The Flash' actor Williams died of drug overdose - Coroner report

'The Flash' actor Williams died of drug overdose - Coroner report She revealed that Williams began using marijuana at the age of 13 and his addiction escalated to using other drugs, although she didn’t know when he began using fentanyl.

A coroner report has confirmed that Logan Williams, the young protagonist in the 'The Flash' movie died from fentanyl overdose.

Fentanyl, also spelled fentanil, is a powerful opioid used as a pain medication and together with other medications for anesthesia.

It is also used as a recreational drug, sometimes mixed with heroin, methamphetamine, or cocaine.

The actor, best known for playing the young Barry Allen in the first two seasons of The Flash, died suddenly on April 2, 2020.

According to New York Post, a report written by the BC Coroners Service, on Wednesday, confirmed Williams died due to ‘unintentional illicit drug toxicity (fentanyl)’.

The coroner report stated: ‘Toxicological analysis detected fentanyl in a range where lethal outcomes have been reported. Even small amounts of fentanyl have been shown to be potentially toxic.’

As of the time of his death, the actor's mother, Marlyse Williams, stated that preliminary toxicology reports indicate her son died from a fentanyl overdose, after her son had battled opioid addiction for three years.

She revealed that Williams had began using marijuana at the age of 13 and his addiction escalated to using other drugs, although she didn’t know when he began using fentanyl.

An emotional Marlyse disclosed that her son ‘was in complete denial because he was so ashamed’, and she kept his addiction ‘under wraps’ from those in the entertainment industry.

In the months leading up to his death, Logan had been living in a group home, after his mother sent him to a treatment facility for one month last summer.

Sadly, just days after Logan told his mum he was going to get clean at a family dinner, the young star passed away.

Related Stories

No stories found.
WuzupNigeria
wuzupnigeria.ng