Kebbi Poly student electrocuted while cooking
The late Khalid Kabir Argunguuser

Kebbi Poly student electrocuted while cooking

A 24-year-old HND 1 Laboratory Science and Technology Student of the Waziri Umaru Federal Polytechnic, Birnin Kebbi, Khalid Kabir Argungu, was reportedly electrocuted in his hostel room while cooking.

The incident happened on Tuesday evening when the student allegedly made contact with a 'naked' wire while operating an electric stove.

Rector of the Polytechnic, Muhammad Sani Aliyu, disclosed on Wednesday that the student was rushed to the institution’s clinic but when the doctors and nurses realised that his condition was serious, they quickly took him to Sir Yahyah Memorial General Hospital in the metropolis where he was confirmed dead.

“We have set up a committee to investigate and unravel the circumstances surrounding the death of the student. And by the time the committee completes its investigation, we shall know what to do to stop the reoccurrences of such incident through their recommendations,” he said.

He, however, dismissed the insinuation that the management had closed the school, adding that students sharing the hostel with the deceased merely vacated the hostel as part of respect for their late colleague.

Related Stories

No stories found.
WuzupNigeria
wuzupnigeria.ng