Fire razes 32 rooms, household property in Ebonyi

“I occupy two rooms in the building; everything I worked for, such as my two refrigerators, generator, cloths and other household property went up in flames” Odeh said.
Fire razes 32 rooms, household property in Ebonyi

Fire Incident that engulfed 32 rooms, household property in Ebonyi

Google Image

No fewer than 32 rooms, household property and documents were razed on Thursday night in Obeagu Iniymagu Village in Abakaliki Local Government Area of Ebonyi State.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that items gutted in the inferno included water tanks, generator, refrigerators, ceiling and standing fans and sewing machines.

The value of the items have yet to be ascertained.

Police Inspector Udo Aniekan, one of the victims, told NAN that all his certificates were destroyed.

“When I got a call from my son about the incident , I called the Police Control Room and my colleagues helped to reach out to the State Fire Service for rescue.

“I lost all my household property, children documents, everything I have were razed,” Aniekan lamented.

Another victim, Mr Solomon Odeh, said he also lost vital items, including land documents and certificates, as well as an undisclosed amount of money.

“I was in my village when I got a call that our apartments are on fire.

“I occupy two rooms in the building; everything I worked for, such as my two refrigerators, generator, cloths and other household property went up in flames” Odeh said.

Reacting, the Director, Ebonyi State Fire Service, Mr Raphael Ibiam, confirmed the incident, describing it as unfortunate.

According to him, five similar fire cases had been recorded in January 2022 alone and enjoined residents to clean their surroundings and report incidents promptly.

Also reacting, the Special Assistant to the Governor on Special Project, Mr Edwin Onwe, pleaded with the residents to avoid whatever that could cause fire.

-NAN

Related Stories

No stories found.
WuzupNigeria
wuzupnigeria.ng