Connect with us


Najeebah: Family contradicts police on sisters’ rescue details



The Al-Kadriyar family’s harrowing experience took a new turn as the details of the release of five abducted sisters contradicted the official account given by the FCT police command.

Wuzup Nigeria reported hat the girls, including Nabeeha and their father Alhaji Mansoor Al-Kadriyar, were kidnapped on January 2 from their home in Zuma 1 area, Bwari town.

Tragically, an uncle leading a police rescue team was fatally shot during the incident.

Alhaji Mansoor was released three days later with a demand for a N60 million ransom to be paid by Friday, January 12.

Failing to meet the demand, the bandits killed Nabeeha and increased the ransom to N100 million, due by last Wednesday.

MORE READING!  JUST IN: VeryDarkMan allegedly remanded in prison till next week

A family member, Uncle Kabiru Aminu later announced that the girls had been released on Friday night with a video on his social media handle showing the jubilant sisters and their relatives.

In a tweet, Aminu stated, “#Najeebahandhersisters are home right now, someone please wake me up!” He also added, “#Najeebahandhersisters. These girls are strong.”

Federal Capital Territory police command on Sunday stated the FCT Police Public Relations Officer, SP Josephine Adeh stating that the effort of the Command’s anti-kidnapping squad rescued the victims.

Adeh said, “Following the relentless advancement of the Federal Capital Territory Police Command Anti-Kidnapping squad in a concerted effort with troops of the Nigerian Army, on the heels of the kidnappers that struck the Zuma 1 area in the Bwari Area Council on the 2nd of January 2024, The FCT Police has rescued the victims and reunited them with their families.”

MORE READING!  Israel, Hamas reject ICC move to arrest leaders for war crimes

“The operatives successfully rescued the Victims around Kajuru forest in Kaduna state at about 11:30 pm on Saturday 20th January 2024.”

Contrary to the police statement claiming a successful rescue, the family insists that the girls were released after a ransom was paid.

An uncle to the victims, Jamiu Salman told Daily Trust, “On getting the information, I and a younger brother to their father mobilized ourselves and left for the Jere junction, where we sighted some military men and approached them to introduce ourselves.”

MORE READING!  Oyebanji orders probe, arrests as man dies in boundary clash

Salman continued, “They provided us with escort down to a bush around Gurara Dam where they stopped. We proceeded and met the children. We arrived back home after 11 pm, in the company of the military escort.”

While confirming the payment of a ransom last Wednesday, Salman did not disclose the amount.
Another family member, Mubarak Al-Kadriyar also disputed the police claim of a rescue operation, emphasizing that the release followed the payment of ransom.

“The bandits shouldn’t have stayed conveniently from Wednesday down to Saturday night and at their convenience to release them to us, and they left thereafter without anybody confronting them,” Mubarak criticized.