At least five people, including a former chairman of the Ilejemeje Local Government Area of the Ekiti State, Bamgboye Adegoroye, have been abducted on Monday.
The PUNCH reported that Adegoroye was abducted alongside one other unnamed occupant in his car along the Isan-Iludun Road.
Subsequently, three workers were abducted in a charcoal factory on Monday during the second attack in a different location.
Confirming the first incident, the Chairman, Ifesowapo Local Council Development Area, Ekiti State, Mr Kayode Akerele, said the kidnappers of Adegoroye have not contacted the family.
He said, “We learnt that the former council chairman and one other occupant of his car were driving along that route when his car was shot by gunmen, who hid inside the bush. They stopped because the gunshot hit their car and it was at the spot that they were abducted. We have not heard whether the family had been contacted.”
Confirming the second incident, the Chairman of Ero LCDA, Mr Akin Alebiosu, identified one of the victims as the leader of the workers, identified as Olu, an indigene of Ikun-Ekiti.
He revealed that the other victims were at the Ero River basin for their business when the incident happened.
Meanwhile, the Ekiti Amotekun Commander, Brig, Gen. Joe Komolafe (retd), said the outfit was working with other security agencies to rescue the victims.