Connect with us

Metro

Man dies in fire accident after sleeping off with candle on

Published

A middle-aged man identified as Kayode Akerele has lost his life in a fire accident which occurred in his home in Edo State on Monday night.

Reports revealed that the fire which gutted his apartment located in the community of Igarra, Akoko Edo Local Government Area of the state was caused by a candle which he had forgotten to turn off before sleeping.

MORE READING!  Senate President seeks support for community policing

Akerele who was also known as Americana reportedly gave up the ghost before emergency responders could get to him.

Speaking to newsmen, a family volunteer said: “A neighbour said he saw him buy a candle and went into his room. He lit the candle and slept off. The candle burnt into the rug and then inflamed the ceiling and in the process, the ceiling collapsed on him. He must have been in a deep sleep as he was suffocated and burnt to death.”

MORE READING!  Father of four flees after wife births triplets, incurs N450,000 hospital bill

The family member further explained that the remains of the late Akerele was immediately buried “to avoid prying eyes and persons who wanted to immediately start posting his pictures on social media, so family members who were around mobilised immediately and ensured he was buried. He was among those who graduated into the Igarra community elders council in 2018.”

MORE READING!  Girl, 19, sets ex-lover's new girlfriend on fire in Lagos, she dies


Advertisement
-->





Trending