Lagos State City Marathon: Alternative routes to take on Saturday
The Lagos State Sports Commission has notified motorists that due to the Access Bank-Lagos City Marathon event scheduled to hold on Saturday, 8th February 2020.
The National Stadium in Surulere, to Ikorodu road, as well as the entire stretch of Third Mainland Bridge to Ozumba Mbadiwe Road, inwards Eko Atlantic City, will be closed to traffic for the duration of the race.
A release by the Sports Commission said participants will take off from National Stadium, Surulere on the Lagos Mainland, proceed through the entire stretch of Funsho Williams Avenue/Ikorodu Road to connect Third Mainland Bridge through Gbagada, into Adeniji, Osborne Road down to Bishop Oluwole Street before finishing at Eko Atlantic City in Victoria Island.
No vehicle will be allowed to ply designated routes during the marathon from *4.00 a.m* on the scheduled date.
Motorists are advised to use alternative routes as well as plan their journey in advance.
– Motorists going to Surulere from Lagos Island shall be diverted through Costain Roundabout to connect Ebute-Metta, Orile, Nigerian Brewery, and Bode Thomas to link their final destination.
– Those coming from Masha, Kilo inward Stadium shall be diverted at Shitta Roundabout for onward movement through Falolu or Adeniran Ogunsanya Roads in order to proceed further.
– Motorists plying Apapa/Orile-Iganmu and going towards Ojuelegba, Mushin and environs to go through Eric Moore, Bode Thomas, Adeniran Ogunsanya, Shitta Roundabout down to Falolu to access endpoints.
– Vehicular movement is allowed on Ikorodu Road, from Anthony (by Theodolite Junction) inward Ojota as well as from Ojota through Maryland, Anthony to Ojuelegba and Eko Bridge via the National Stadium Bridge.
– No U-turn is allowed between Anthony and Stadium as a result of the marathon holding from Stadium inwards Anthony
– Motorists coming from Mile-2 inward Gbagada will be diverted into Agege Motor Road via the service lane of BOC Gases/Armed Forces Resettlement Centre, or through Town Planning Way to connect destination.
– Motorists coming from Old Tollgate, Alapere, Ogudu going to Lagos Island shall be diverted to Gbagada, Anthony to Ikorodu Road – Funsho Williams Avenue to connect Lagos Island through Eko Bridge
– Those coming from Ajah inward Ozumba Mbadiwe shall be diverted to Admiralty Way from Lekki Second Roundabout to connect Cable Bridge for their onward trip.
– Motorists descending Cable Bridge into Ikoyi shall be diverted into Gerrard Road to connect Osborne Road
– Those from Awolowo Road shall be diverted to Falomo Bridge to connect Ozumba Mbadiwe Road due to the restriction of traffic towards Falomo Roundabout inwards Bourdillion as well as Akin Adesola inwards Bar Beach.
– All adjoining streets and feeder roads leading to the designated marathon routes shall be temporarily closed to traffic until all runners leave, in order to ensure the safety of the athletes.