Mum grieves as teenage daughter died from eating too much chewing gum

Mum grieves as teenage daughter died from eating too much chewing gum

A devastated mum identified as Maria Morgan has broken her silence after an inquest heard how her teenage daughter could have been killed by eating too much chewing gum.
Samantha Jenkins, 19, died after complaining about stomach upset before collapsing and falling into a coma, 10 years ago.

An autopsy revealed 'four or five bright green lumps' which turned out to be chewing gum, METRO reports.

Family members found dozens of chewing gum wrappers and boxes in her bedroom at their home in Felinfoel, South Wales.

On June 3, 2011, a coroner in 2015 said it could have played a part in Samantha's death.

Morgan has bravely spoken out about her ordeal three days before the 10th anniversary – as she paid tribute to her 'bubbly, vivacious, fun-loving daughter.

"I remember it like it was yesterday," Maria said.

Samantha complained about feeling poorly after spending time in the hot sun, her mum recalled.

She urged her to drink some water, mistakenly thinking she was 'probably just a bit dehydrated'.

But moments later, Maria shared how she heard a 'thud.'

"Me and my other daughter got up and went to the door and I said, "What the hell was that?" Maria said.

"And she shouted downstairs, 'Is this what it's like to die?' and then we heard a thud again."

Samantha was put into an induced coma but 'she never came back,' her mum said.

Maria said doctors told her they believed something had poisoned Samantha – and needed to figure out what in a bid to save her.

Related Stories

No stories found.
WuzupNigeria
wuzupnigeria.ng