It was a black Wednesday as news of Nollywood veteran, Sidikat Odukanwi, popularly known as Iyabo Oko's death flooded the internet.
WuzupNigeria reported that her colleague, Foluke Daramola confirmed this in a post on her verified Instagram page where she said, "😭😭😭and finally we lost her...😭😭😭 rip Iyabo Oko, we did our best but God knows best."
As her friends react and console the family, here are a few things you probably didn't know about the deceased.
1. She was fondly called Apoti Aje, Iyabo Oko and Sisi Mama.
2. She was born in Iwo Local Government Area, Osun State on the 15th of November 1960.
3. She went to Oke-Ola Primary School in Iwo, Osun State.
4. She once ran away from home because she wanted to join a theatre group only for her father to come and take her back.
5. Iyabo Oko joined Nollywood as a teenager in 1973 under the platform of Eda Onileola theatre troup even without the support of her parents.
6. The deceased made it to the limelight following her role in the movie, Oko, which was produced by Oga Bello.
7. In 2018, there were reports that the veteran actress Kudirat Odukanmi Oluyemi also known as Iyabo Oko, had suffered from a medical condition in 2016, and she flew abroad with her eldest son for immediate treatment.
8. She received City People Awards in 2016 for her exceptional contributions to the growth of the Movie Industry in the country.
9. She lost her son, Tajudeen Akanmu, who was popularly known as Koledowo in 2008 after he suffered from an illness that resulted in stooling and vomiting.
10. She is survived by a daughter, Oduola Olamide.