Big Brother Africa Season Five winner, Uti Nwachukwu, has listed some strategies allegedly used by certain pastors to con their congregation.
The media personality tweeted what he called ‘a bitter, inconvenient truth to accept’ about some men of God on Tuesday.
Amongst the enumerated features, Uti asserted that if a pastor preaches about prosperity or leaves members feeling fearful and guilty every time, such preachers may not have been inspired by the Holy Spirit.
He said; "A bitter inconvenient truth to accept
If your MOG which stands for Man Of God
– Preaches mostly about prosperity
– Perpetuates hate & intolerance,
– Encourages you to pray for ur enemies to die,
– Judges people based on their appearance (looks,dressing),financial/social/born again status,
– is chronically involved in Politics
– Threatens/emotionally Blackmails u with Peril in order to get u to give tithes and offerings,
– Leaves u feeling fearful&guilty everytime u leave their presence,
Then sorry to tell u,but uve been tricked into worshipping the Devil in disguise.”
He then proceeded to list the traits of a true man of God, saying;
"A MOG that leads you the Almighty God should:
– Consistently Preach about Love and Forgiveness, Like Jesus Did.
– Reveal to you that all things work together for your Good, Including the enemies plans.For God said to pray for our enemies and those who curse u!
– Accept all kinds of people especially those who society look down on- Like Jesus Did
– Never discriminate,
– ALWAYS SPEAK THE TRUTH
– Be non-Judgmental
– leave u feeling Bold, Hopeful & Faith filled
– Not be interested in wealth acquisition- Like Jesus wasn’t, for it’ll be easier for a camel to…"