Popular broadcaster and show host, Frank Edoho, has addressed past issues he had with the organisers of highly the acclaimed game show ‘Who Wants To Be A Millionaire'.
In an interview with The Will Downtown magazine, the broadcaster indicated that he had requested the organizers of the program to promote him to the position of executive producer but his request was turned down.
According to Frank, he believed he deserved the position because he had been presenting the show like his own and needed more revenue.
“I asked to be an executive producer because for one, I had done the show for 13 years, so I felt that it was time for me.
“I couldn’t keep presenting this show that I did basically like mine anyway. So I needed a bit of the revenue but they weren’t open to it,” he said.
Edoho also said he didn’t leave the show at the time when his request was rejected even after the main sponsors pulled out.
He said, “I said, okay, let it not look as if I abandoned the ship when the major sponsor pulled out. I said if a new sponsor comes in, I want a part of the revenue.
“And already, they were telling me no. We were still negotiating then all of a sudden, one beautiful Saturday morning, PUNCH now reports that ‘Frank has been dropped from WWTBAM.”
Edoho, who hosted the game show from inception, is now set to return as the host in the latest edition.