The Bayelsa Task Force on COVID-19 has recorded the third death as the Covid-19 pandemic continues to ravage the world.
Chairman of the task force, Dr Inodu Apoku, announced this in a statement on Friday in Yenagoa.
Apoku said that the third death was from the nine new cases recorded by the state.
The National Centre for Diseases Control (NCDC) had on Thursday announced that nine new cases of COVID-19 were recorded in the state.
READ ALSO:ย COVID-19: Osun relaxes curfew, asks workers to resume
Apoku, also Permanent Secretary, State Ministry of Health said that the nine newly confirmed cases โbring the total number of confirmed cases in the state to 30.
โFour of out of these nine cases are contacts of previously confirmed cases while five are not epidemiologically linked to any of the previously confirmed cases.
โThree of the cases are health care professionals.
โOne of these fresh unlinked cases was brought in critically ill and died a few minutes after admission.
โFollowing the history of the sickness, as was revealed by relatives, samples were collected for COVID-19 testing.
โShe died as COVID-19 suspected cases.
โThe test result returned positive, and as such, we have another COVID -19 related death making a total of three in the state.
โAll remaining eight new cases have since been evacuated for further treatment at our isolation facilities,โโ Apoku said.
According to him, all their contacts are being listed and adequately followed up, including necessary environmental decontamination.
โSamples have and are still being collected from their high-risk contacts while they have all been counselled on self-quarantine.โโ
