Connect with us

Entertainment

Cannes Film Festival postponed due to COVID-19

Published

The 2021 edition of the Cannes Film Festival will be postponed until July because of the coronavirus pandemic, organisers said on Wednesday.

Last year’s event was cancelled and replaced by a low-key event in October showcasing short films but without the A-list movie stars, directors and producers.

The festival will take place from July 6-17, the organisers said in a statement, two months later than planned.

MORE READING!  Headies Awards: Fans drag Desmond Elliot (SEE WHY)

Hollywood superstars normally flock to the Mediterranean town’s “Croisette” promenade for the two-week extravaganza, the world’s biggest cinema showcase and a major market for the industry.

The palm-fringed town has been a subdued version of its normally glamorous self since the coronavirus outbreak. Many of its swankiest hotels are closed, as are its restaurants and bars.

MORE READING!  Chris Ajilo: Nigeria has lost an irreplaceable music icon - COSON
Advertisement
Click to comment





Trending