Connect with us

Metro

Army hands over rescued kidnapped victims to Sokoto govt

Published




Following a successful operation in Sokoto’s Gundumi forest, the Nigerian Army handed over 66 rescued individuals to the Sokoto State government on Sunday. 

Brigadier General Amos Tawasimi, the Garrison Commander 8 Division, revealed that 51 were rescued on Friday, with an additional 14 on Saturday. 

“As part of our activities to ensure that the state is safe for people to go about their activities

“Three days ago, we stormed the Gundumi forest to rescue these numbers of people I’m which some of them have been abducted for months by these kidnappers,” he said.

Governor Ahmed Aliyu Sokoto while receiving the victims praised the Nigerian Army and other security agents for their dedication in addressing insecurity. He highlighted the significance of rescuing 66 victims abducted from various villages and communities in Sokoto and neighboring states. 

“Today marks another significant milestone in our fight against armed banditry, kidnapping and rustling in the state as our security operatives have succeeded in rescuing 66 victims who were kidnapped from various villages and communities in Sokoto and other neighbouring states.

“From what we have gathered, 51 of the victims were rescued on Thursday while 14 were rescued on Saturday.

“It would be recalled that a few weeks ago 51 victims had been rescued after our gallant soldiers dislodged these criminals from their hideouts around Tangaza forest in Tangaza local government area of the state,” he said.

The governor acknowledged the ongoing efforts of security operatives, particularly Operation Hadarin Daji, in eliminating armed banditry, kidnapping, and other criminal activities. 

 

MORE READING!  Army dismisses two soldiers for ‘stealing’ Dangote refinery cables
Advertisement
Comments



Trending