Movie buffs expressed shock on Wednesday when news filtered in that Hollywood action hero, Bruce Willis, is retiring from acting after he was diagnosed with Aphasia.
WuzupNigeria earlier reported how the actor’s ex-wife, Demi Moore, released a statement announcing the 67-year-old’s retirement.
Until now, not many individuals, except healthcare professionals, have heard about the Die-Hard actor’s medical condition.
Below are 10 things worth knowing about Aphasia.
1. Aphasia is a condition that robs one of the ability to properly communicate.
2. It can occur suddenly after a stroke or head injury or develop slowly from a growing brain tumour or disease.
3. Aphasia affects a person’s ability to express and understand written and spoken language.
4. Once the underlying cause is treated, the main treatment for aphasia is speech therapy.
5. People with Aphasia may have different patterns of strengths and weaknesses.
6. Aphasia is of three types, namely; Expressive, Comprehensive and Global Aphasia.
7. The medical condition can create numerous quality-of-life problems because communication is so much a part of life.
8. Most likely a doctor would request an imaging test, usually an MRI, to quickly identify what’s causing the aphasia.
9. Aphasia is majorly caused by damage to the language-dominant side of the brain, usually the left side.
10. Diagnosis of aphasia, extent of disorder, and prediction for successful treatment may be assessed and confirmed by a set of comprehensive language tests conducted by a speech-language pathologist.
Amos Dangut appointed new WAEC boss
Police accuse Kogi SDP candidate of undermining security
My husband not a magician – Oluremi Tinubu
Osun community gets electricity first time in 92 years
Islamic scholar demands end to ‘begging profession’ in Nigeria
Dozens injured as fire razes police complex in Egypt
Illuminati planted Cardi B in music industry – Kanye West
Football, paedophilia go hand in hand in Gabon, victims open up
VeryDarkBlackMan ‘doing the Lord’s work’, shakes skincare industry
Jenny’s Glow sues VeryDarkBlackMan, Meta, TikTok over ‘defamation’
Reactions as Nollywood star Moyo Lawal’s nude leaks
Portable: Queen Dami came to me for husband – Lege Miami
Why I’m still single, Skitmaker Ashmusy opens up
Tweeps react as key witness reportedly abandons Jenny’s Glow case
Blackmail: My sextape will soon be released, Carter Efe laments
Carter Efe looks, thinks like ‘mumu’ – VeryDarkBlackMan
VIDEO: Thugs invade Osun APC secretariat
VIDEO: Strayed cow goes berserk inside NYSC orientation camp in Ogun
VIDEO: Are black cats bad luck?
VIDEO: Does COVID-19 only affect rich people?
VIDEO: Will I remain single if someone sweeps over my feet with a broom?
VIDEO: Gani Adams rallies Benin Republic monarchs for Sunday Igboho
FIDIO: Ǹjẹ́ Gbogbo Akitiyan Ìjọba Láti Mú Ẹ̀yìn Olóyè Sunday Ìgbòho Balẹ̀ Yìí Tọ́ Àbí Kò Tọ́?
VIDEO: Pastor Tunde Bakare declares National Movement
Sports19 hours ago
Osimhen expresses love for Napoli amid video controversy
Metro22 hours ago
20 killed in tanker explosion in Delta
News18 hours ago
Suicide bomber strikes Turkish govt buildings
News20 hours ago
Independence: Soludo renames Anambra cargo airport after Chinua Achebe
Entertainment15 hours ago
Ilebaye wins BbNaija All Stars 2023
News14 hours ago
BUA reduces cement price to N3,500 per bag
News18 hours ago
Deadly nightclub fire claims 13 lives in Spain
News18 hours ago
US court orders release of Tinubu’s academic records to Atiku