Nigerian singer and songwriter, Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun, known professionally as Wizkid is 30 today.
On this day, well-wishers have taken to social media to drop beautiful messages and prayers for the pop musician.
One Twitter user, however, identified as @AAbiodun_ has taken time out to list the greatest achievement ever known of the star boy.
According to @AAbiodun_, here are the 12 greatest achievements of Wizkid;
- First African Artiste to bag seven Billboard Nominations. He bagged nominations for Top Hot 100 Song, Top Selling Song, Top Radio Song, Top Streaming Song, Top Collaboration, Top R&B Song, and Top R&B Collaboration.
- Youngest African Artiste to get a Grammy nomination Wizzy Wizzle as he is also the youngest African Artiste to get nominated for a Grammy award Courtesy of the 2016 Drake album, Views.
- Itunes World Chart record Wizkid is the only Nigerian musician who not only made the number one spot on the iTunes World Chart but maintained that top spot for more than one week courtesy of “one dance”
- Wizkid Is The First African Pop Star To Perform/Sell Out Royal Albert Hall In London Wizkid is the first African to not only perform but also sell out London’s most iconic venue, Royal Albert Hall as Headliner, joining musicians like Beatles, Adele, Elton.
- Nigerian Artiste with the most award nominations in Nigeria As of 2019, Wizkid had received a total of 66 awards from 165 nominations which came from his native Nigeria, Africa and the rest of the World.
- First Nigerian to win three Billboard Music Awards Wizkid’s hit collaboration “One Dance” with Drake & Kyla last year earned him all the awards
- The First Nigerian To Win An ASCAP Award Wizkid is also the first Nigerian (if not African), to bag an international award from The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP).
- Wizkid has become the first Nigerian singer to win an NAACP image award. His collaboration with American award-winning singer, Beyonce for the track ”Brown Skin Girl” off her “The Gift” album won an award at the 51st NAACP Image Awards.
- Wizkid Is The First Afro-Pop Artiste To Appear In The Guinness World Records Wizkid is really the first Afro-pop artiste to appear in the Guinness Book of World Records. This is as a result of his contribution to Drake’s smash hit, ‘One Dance’, which topped charts worldwide.
- Wizkid Joins League of Highest-Paid Artists Worldwide He was reported to have been paid 50 million Rupees ($681,200, N245.9 million) to give a live performance, and he got Indians dancing to Soco, Fake Love and more.
- Wizkid’s Nike Jersey Sells Out in Minutes He announced on his Instagram handle that his jersey collaboration with Nike sold out in 10 minutes. The jersey which was sold for N30,506 was described by Nike as “a celebration of Nigerian roots”.
- Vogue Magazine Affirms Wizkid Africa’s Hottest Pop-Star The 28-year-old superstar and Star Boy Entertainment boss has been earning lots of accolades outside the country for his talent, music and creativity.
See Tweet below;
Tunisia, U.S. conduct joint maritime exercises
President Saied did not call Tunisian Jews ‘thieves’ – Presidency
Proclamation on ending discriminatory bans on entry to the United States BY President Joe Biden
Regina Askia to play Ramsey Nouah’s wife on new project
Aguero in isolation after testing positive for COVID-19
South African astronomers discover two galaxies 3.8 billion light-years from Earth
Actress Regina Daniels preaches peace as she shares new photos
Supply of oxygen to treat COVID-19 patients critical in Africa
DNA bruohaha! Banker dies from heartbreak after finding out his children aren’t his
Spurs condemn trio for COVID-19 protocol breach in Christmas party
Another side chic shares photo of Dangote’s b*tt
MURIC asks FG to recognise Islamic holidays, allow soldiers wear hijab, keep beards
Meet four Nigerian Male Celebrities who married older women(photos)
Marriage Scandal: Over 1,730 sign petition to sack FCMB MD, Adam Nuru, on ethical grounds
PHOTOS: Lady in FCMB paternity scandal changes name from Moyo Thomas
GRAPHIC PHOTO: Corps member arrested for allegedly hacking man to death after hook up
VIDEO: Africa’s COVID-19 death rate ‘now above global average’ – Africa CDC
Inauguration Day: Trump leaves White House for the last time as US president (VIDEO)
VIDEO: Fears as petrol tanker explodes in Abeokuta
VIDEO: Can HIV drugs prevent COVID-19 infection?
VIDEO: CBN yet to unfreeze our accounts since October 2020 – ENDSARS Conveners
Fallen Heroes: Four brave Nigerian soldiers who died fighting Boko Haram
VIDEO: Elderly woman hijacks commercial bus in Lagos over disagreement with driver
VIDEO: Imo chief certified dead, kept in mortuary wakes after 31 hours
- Entertainment22 hours ago
Biden-Harris inauguration: Michelle Obama steals show with plum outfit
- General24 hours ago
FG set to provide 900 housing units in Oyo State, FHA says
- Education22 hours ago
JUST IN: Kidnapped Lagos varsity deputy VC released
- Entertainment18 hours ago
Biden-Harris inauguration: Read full script of Amanda Gorman’s poem
- Entertainment6 hours ago
Fine girls are always single, BBNaija’s Dorathy says
- General23 hours ago
Inauguration: President Joe Biden’s full address
- General23 hours ago
S. Africa records lowest inflation in 16 years
- General10 hours ago
Biden reverses Trump’s ban on Nigeria, others